In the premier Superbike Class saw Malaysia’s top rider Azlan Shah Kamaruzaman of Chia PJ Kawasaki bounced back from an opening race setback to score a comfortable win in Race 2; taking the checkered flag almost 40 seconds ahead second-placed Mohd Ramdan Rosli of TOC HKMTOYO Racing Team.
Encountering problems in the traction control of his Kawasaki Zx10R in the wet opening morning race, the former Moto2 rider and current Asia Road Racing Championship Supersport champion, had to be contended with third place for Race 1.
The opening race was won by India’s Rajini Krishnan of Team RACR, who completed the 12-lap contest in 29 minutes 25.977 seconds. Ramdan was second on his BMW S1000RR machine; taking the checkered flag in 29 minutes 38.034 seconds.
2018 PIRELLI MALAYSIA SUPERBIKE CHAMPIONSHIP RESULTS – TOP 5 FINISHERS
Superbike Category – Race 1 (12 laps)
1.Rajini Krishnan (IND) (Kawasaki ZX10R) 29:25.977s
2. Mohd Ramdan Rosli (MAS) (BMW S1000RR) 29:38.034s
3. Azlan Shah Kamaruzaman (MAS) (Kawasaki Zx10R) 29:46.380s
4. Jonathan Serrapica (SUI) (Yamaha R1) 29:52.368s
5. Muhammad Jamalul Tarmizi (MAS) (Kawasaki ZX10R) 30:36.913s
Superbike Category– Race 2 (12 laps)
1.Azlan Shah Kamaruzaman (MAS) (Kawasaki ZX10R) – 26:28.948s
2. Mohd Ramdan Rosli (MAS) (BMW S1000RR) – 27:08.416s
3. Jonathan Serrapica (SUI) (Yamaha R1) 27:16.631s
4. Muhammad Jamalul Tarmizi (MAS) (Kawasaki ZX10R) 27:49.143s
5. Rajini Krishnan (IND) (Yamaha R1) – 27:53.410s