2014 Czech Grand Prix Qualifying Results
1. Marc Marquez (Honda) 1:55.585
2. Andrea Dovisioso (Ducati) 1:55.714
3. Andrea Iannone (Ducati) 1:55.726
4. Bradley Smith (Yamaha) 1:55.730
5. Dani Pedrosa (Honda) 1:55.812
6. Jorge Lorenzo (Yamaha) 1:55.815
7. Valentino Rossi (Yamaha) 1:55.821
8. Stefan Bradl (Honda) 1:55.871
9. Pol Espargaro (Yamaha) 1:55.899
10. Aleix Espargaro (Yamaha) 1:56.090
Marquez (Repsol Honda Team) produced a rapid 1’55.585 lap to take pole number nine of the season at round 11, as his brilliant season continues.
Dovizioso (Ducati Team) matched his Indy qualifying performance in second, with his compatriot and colleague on Ducati machinery Iannone (Pramac Racing) qualifying third – for his second front row start of 2014.
The pressure on Bradley Smith (Monster Yamaha Tech3) has been relieved somewhat by his recent contract extension for 2015 and his good Indy race result and he produced a good Q2 performance to qualify fourth.
The Englishman is joined on row two by the experienced Spanish pair of Dani Pedrosa (Repsol Honda Team) and Jorge Lorenzo (Movistar Yamaha MotoGP).
A high speed crash in FP4 for Valentino Rossi (Movistar Yamaha MotoGP) meant he went into Q2 with a dressing on the little finger of his left hand. The Italian will head up row three for his 245thpremier class race.
Stefan Bradl (LCR Honda MotoGP) and Yonny Hernandez (Energy T.I. Pramac Racing) made it through from Q1 to qualify eighth and 12th respectively. Behind Bradl, Pol Espargaro (Monster Yamaha Tech3) completes the third row.
Aleix Espargaro (NGM Forward Racing) leads row four, with Cal Crutchlow (Ducati Team) and Hernandez set to line up behind him.