Red Bull rider and international enduro legend Chris Birch held his off road adventure training clinic at Sg Buaya, Rawang. Chris who is also an X-treme Enduro champion and RedBull Romaniacs winner shows his versatile riding skills by blasting around on a KTM1190 Adventure R in the mud before launching it off during a small hill climb demo.
Running the clinic with his assistant Chris Whitehouse, they focus with the group of riders to teach balance, control and traction, the three most important aspects of riding off road. Once these three factors are in place it is possible to ride smoother, more efficiently and faster!
Some of the skills covered in Day One Clinic:
• Setting up your bike correctly for off road
• Correct, strong and efficient riding positions
• Cornering techniques for traction and speed
• Drills to boost clutch, throttle and brake control as well as balance and timing.
• Trail obstacles like logs, rocks, ruts and tree roots,
• Climbing and descending hills safely and more effectively
We attended day one and we improved our off road riding skills manage afew power slides without crashing…. Great stuff what we learned!
Day Two Clinic focus its attention to hard enduro riding, which include bigger and harder obstacles, steeper hill climbs, and more.
KTM Adventure Weekend 19th -21st January 2018 sees 20 participants out to improve their off-road riding skills with their 230++kg adventure bikes and experience 1st class coaching from Chris Birch first hand.